Before you read 21 Inspiring Quotes by APJ Abul Kalam, get to know him!
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam widely known as APJ Abdul Kalam (15 October 1931 – 27 July 2015) was an Indian aerospace scientist and politician who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007.
He was born and raised in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu and studied physics and aerospace engineering.
Abdul Kalam spent the next four decades as a scientist and science administrator, mainly at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and was intimately involved in India’s civilian space programme and military missile development efforts.
He thus came to be known as the Missile Man of India for his work on the development of ballistic missile and launch vehicle technology.
APJ Abdul Kalam also played a pivotal organisational, technical, and political role in India’s Pokhran-II nuclear tests in 1998, the first since the original nuclear test by India in 1974.
He was elected as the 11th President of India in 2002 with the support of both the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party and the then-opposition Indian National Congress.
Widely referred to as the “People’s President”, he returned to his civilian life of education, writing and public service after a single term.
He was a recipient of several prestigious awards, including the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian honour.
While delivering a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management Shillong, Kalam collapsed and died from an apparent cardiac arrest on 27 July 2015, aged 83.
Thousands, including national-level dignitaries, attended the funeral ceremony held in his hometown of Rameswaram, where he was buried with full state honours.
21 Quotes by APJ Abdul Kalam:
1. “All Birds find shelter during rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above clouds.”
2. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
3. “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”
4. “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”
5. “Failure will never overtake me if my definition to succeed is strong enough.”
6. “I’m not a handsome guy, but I can give my hand to someone who needs help. Beauty is in the heart, not in the face.”
7. “The best brains of the nations may be found on the last benches of the classrooms.”
8. “You cannot change your future, but, you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.”
9. “If you fail, never give up because F.A.I.L. means “First Attempt In Learning”. End is not the end, if fact E.N.D. means “Effort Never Dies.” If you get No as an answer, remember N.O. means “Next Opportunity”, So let’s be positive.”
10. “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to those who dream and work.”
11. “I will work and sweat for a great vision, the vision of transforming India into a developed nation.”
12. “Don’t read success stories, you will only get message. Read failure stories, you will get some ideas to get success.”
13.“Your best teacher is your last mistake.”
14. “One best book is equal to hundred good friends, but one good friend is equal to a library.”
15. “If you fail, never give up because FAIL means “First Attempt In Learning”.
16. “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.”
17. “Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts and thoughts result in action.”
18. “Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.”
19. “Thinking is the capital, Enterprise is the way, Hard Work is the solution”
20. “Be active! Take on responsibility! Work for the things you believe in. If you do not, you are surrendering your fate to others.”
21. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”